Mushroom Sauce Recipe
A great all-rounder steak, rump is a little firmer in texture and is perfect for a variety of cooking methods. It is a tasty and lean steak from the lower back area of the cow.
Click her to view our Rump Steak https://universitymeat.com.au/products/1033.5
Mushroom sauce for your steak is a popular option as it pairs very well due to its great combination. It’s A luxurious yet simple sauce you’ll make again and again and again….
- 500g of mushrooms cut in half
• 250 ml of cream
• 250 ml of milk
• 3 tsp of corn flour or corn starch
• 4 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp of thyme, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp parsley, chopped finely
• 1 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp of oil
• 1 tbsp of lemon juice
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt your butter together with the oil in a pan on a medium heat.
- Mix the corn flour or corn starch with the milk.
- Add mushrooms to the pan with the thyme and fry until they are golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic to the pan, fry for another minute.
- Add the cream and the milk mixed with corn flour or corn starch.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the parsley, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over steaks when serving.