Peppercorn Sauce Recipe
Beef Fillet Steak
Beef fillet is one of the most prized cuts of meat you can buy because it is lean and extremely tender. Sometimes referred to as tenderloin, it has such fantastic flavours and succulence that it easily merits the higher price. Most commonly eaten as fillet steaks, but whole fillets are also available. This cut of steak teams up well with a peppercorn sauce.
Click here to view our Fillet Steak https://universitymeat.com.au/products/9037.203
Peppercorn sauce is a favourite with steak, originating from France. It has a classic peppery taste. For a bit of variety, you can also make this sauce with pink peppercorns, and the flavour will be very different.
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
• 3 tsp of coarsely crushed black peppercorns
• 4 tbsp of brandy
• 150 ml red wine
• 250 ml of stock
• 5 tbsp of double cream
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Fry the shallots and peppercorns in the butter until the shallots have softened.
- Add the brandy and cook for another few minutes until it has dissipated.
- Turn up the heat, add the wine and simmer until this has reduced by half.
- Add the beef stock and reduce by half again.
- Lower the heat to a slight simmer, add the cream and stir thoroughly.
- When the sauce has thickened slightly, take off the heat and check the seasoning.
- Serve on top of your steaks or on the side.
If you are looking for an online butcher Melbourne then look no further.
We are one of the top meat suppliers Melbourne
Looking to have your meat delivery melbourne
Talk to our team at University Meat