Red Wine Jus Recipe
Club Steak is a popular American Beef cut, also known as porterhouse on the bone. This cut is perfect for the BBQ or grilling. Our product is grass fed and sourced from regional Victoria.
Steak is one of the best sources of iron. Iron in red meat is also more easily absorbed by the body. At University Meat we offer the best cuts of steak.
Click here to view our Club Steak
With Red Wine Jus
A great condiment for Club Steak is Red Wine Jus. This will add flavour to your meal. The sauce can be easily made by following the recipe listed or can be bought for your convenience.
We offer a Red Wine Jus in our stocks and sauces range. Our Premium Red Wine Jus is a 100% natural sauce made from reduced premium free-range Beef Stock, flavoured with reduced red wine, port and thyme.
This can be heated directly in the microwave or in a sauce pan until warm. It has no artificial flavourings or added MSG and is gluten-free. The 300g package will easily serve 4-6 people.
This is a pre prepared option that we can offer.
Click Here to view our Red Wine Jus
If you want to get creative in the kitchen and have a little fun try making your own Red Wine Jus
Recipe for Red Wine Jus
A great accompaniment to a Club Steak is red wine jus originating in France. In general, red wine is a perfect drink with a meat dish, therefore using it as the basis for a sauce is ideal.
- 50g of butter
• 2 shallots, finely chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 250 ml of red wine
• 250 ml of stock
• Sprig of rosemary
• Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a frying pan on a low to medium heat.
- Add shallots and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute or two.
- Add wine and bring to a slight boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to a slight boil again.
- Reduce heat then simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce thickens to your chosen consistency, usually about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remove the sprig of rosemary.
- Drizzle over steaks when serving.